Meet Django!

Hello everybody!

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Today I wanted to write about our newest addition to the family.

Django, the Djungarian Hamster

Django is a Djungarian hamster I adopted to keep us company at our apartment in State College, PA. He is 6 months old (that's 25 human years!) and loves sleeping, running, and playing.

Django being held.



Django snacking on some fresh romaine lettuce. Gourmet!


The Djungarian hamster, also known as the White Winter dwarf hamster, Russian dwarf hamster, striped dwarf hamster, or Siberian dwarf hamster, is a medium-small sized, ball-shaped hamster from the wheat fields of Kazakhstan and the meadows of Siberia. 

I got Django in the midst of a stressful semester full of computer science. It was only natural that I named Django after the open-source python web framework, Django. People think his name is from the movie Django Unchained but he's not. Django's name origins have nothing to do with a movie with guns and blood.

Django taking a nap in his mountain.

Django is one of my best friends because he has moods like I do. When he's sleepy, he will stumble around the cage and be itchy, with his eyes half-closed. When he's grumpy, he'll go into his peanut home and "shut the door" by barricading it with fluff. When he's happy, he'll zip on the wheel and bumble around collecting food from around the cage. 

When he gets too hot after exercising on the wheel or running around, he presses himself up against the plastic of the cage to cool down. 

Django getting too hot and squishing himself against the plastic to cool down.


Sometimes Django will sleep upside down, or curled up. Sometimes I catch him covering himself in fluff by the water bottle just in case he gets thirsty during his naps. When you hold a finger to him, he will "boop" it with his nose. 

Sleeping by the water just in case he gets thirsty.


If you wake him up from his naps, he will be grumpy and squint at you, then hide somewhere else to sleep again. If he gets scared, he'll hiss and swipe at you. If he's grumpy, before he bites, he will normally warn with little nibbles.

Django after being disturbed. He was sleeping. He's annoyed and squinting at us.



More warm Django.


Shnozz!

Squish!





There's a lot more footage of Django that I haven't included in this post. If requested, I can upload more in my next post at the end (even if it's not related to my next post subject)!

If you have any questions about Django, feel free to leave a comment and I'll follow up! Thanks for reading.

Django saying hi.

Sincerely,

Hana and Django

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amin's Kuey Teow Evolution

The Bug that Got Amin Home

Simplify; Peace; Balance